On site with a customer today I was asked to provide all bookings of room mailboxes with a note about who was the organizer. No big deal, there’s a feature for that called “Add the organizer’s name to subject” on room mailboxes, se below.
Said and done it was set on all room mailboxes and I tested to book a meeting. To my surprise the subject was not changed and no organizer was added as seen below.
After a session with Bing I found a note about this on Technet Forum and tested to add a distribution group to who was allowed to book the room. In my case I ran:
Get-Mailbox –Recipienttypedetails roommailbox | Set-CalanderProcessing –AllBookInPolicy $false –BookInPolicy mailmasterlab_all
And as soon as the command was finished I ran:
Get-Mailbox –Recipienttypedetails roommailbox | Set-CalanderProcessing –AllBookInPolicy $true
After this the organizers name is added to the subject.
My Exchange 2010 Server was a fresh install of Exchange 2010 Service Pack 3.
I know this post is really late, two weeks to be precise, but I just had two customers who told me they had no idea that this RU was out due to the lack of information about it on my blog. Sorry about that, it’s been hectic for some time.
This time I have no personal “favorite” issues solved so I suggest you read what the Exchange team wrote.
UPDATE 2: The fix for this is now in http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2618444 so no need to call support
UPDATE! A fix for this issue is now available, have a look at http://blogs.technet.com/b/exchange/archive/2011/10/17/a-fix-for-the-interoperability-issues-between-exchange-2007-and-2010-emc-and-ie9-is-now-available.aspx
I have seen some issues with Exchange Management Console after Internet Explorer 9 is installed on the server. You get a dialog box like the one below:
Event though there are now dialog box open you get “You must close all dialog boxes before you can close Exchange Management Console”
After I uninstalled IE9 everything worked fine again but I guess the will be a fix for this issue soon but for now you can uninstall IE9
Do you get a “550 Client host rejected: [not accepting mail from this ip]” when you send mail today?
It’s a Mxtreme issue when you have Reputation Authority enabled.
Two solutions are available to fix this:
a. Remove a DNS entry’s for borderware.com in DNS servers Boderware uses.(You find them under Configuration -> Network or Interfaces).
b. Empty DNS cache in Mxtreme/XCS under Status & Utility -> Flush DNS Cache.
If above doesn’t work you can disable the Reputation Authority:
Intercept – connection control
-Clear all checkboxes under BSN
-Clear Reject on DNSBL under DNSBL Reject Intercept – Anti-spam
-Clear DNS Block list
-Clear URL Block list
Security – ReputationAuthority
-Clear all checkboxes on that page
Security – Connection control
-Clear Reject on DNSBL
Security – anti-spam
-Clear DNS Block list
-Clear URL Block list
I know this was not at all related to Exchange but I had this problem first hand today…
Update: I think someone at Borderware forgot to register… A whois on borderware.com gave me the following result:
Update 2: Try do the following as well:
Go to Activity – Threat Prevention Status and press “Reset Threat Prevention History”
I have seen a couple of reports of problems after installing KB973917 on Exchange (more often Exchange on SBS-serves).
The problem a user get is repeated login prompts.
A solution for Exchange is to apply Exchange 2007 SP1 Rollup 9. If it’s a SBS server you need to go to the Management Console, Updates and approve Rollup 9 for deployment.
Here’s a link to a friend of mine who has put more effort into this then me
As you probably heard there was a problem installing Exchange 2007 SP2 in a domain with only Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controllers. This issue is now solved. Microsoft has released updated xml files that will fix the problem.
Download the new files and copy it to the default location, where the present files are. Recommendation is to move the present xml files to a different directory or to rename them before copying the new files. More info & download files here
If you get the following error during installation of Exchange 2007 sp2:
An error occurred. The error code was 3221685950. The message was The remote procedure call failed
verify that you use the same account as you used for setup of Exchange.
I have seen some issues with installing SP2 with other accounts (yes, the second account was also Exchange Org admin)